ABOUT DANIEL EDELSTEIN, M.S.*:
(* = wildlife/plant surveys and regulatory/permitting services; federal 10(a)1(A) permit valid through March, 2024 for California Tiger Salamander, California Red-legged Frog, and Ridgway’s Rail)
- Daniel Edelstein’s Resume (2019) (CEQA & NEPA specialist, including a background in preparing Initial Studies and Biological Assessments; conducting bird surveys for common and rare, special-status species; and serving as a Birding Guide for birders since the 1980s.
- Links to my professional membership affiliation sites & phenology sites (PDF)
Organizations for which I volunteer:
- Marin Audubon Society (on its Conservation Committee)
- United States Geological Survey (22 years of conducting an annual Breeding Bird Survey)
- Environmental Action Coalition of West Marin (EAC) (lead annual birding tour for the EAC’s annual Point Reyes Birding Festival, which will next occur in April 21-23, 2023)
- Point Blue Conservation Science (formerly Point Reyes Bird Observatory) (conduct annual shorebird survey for the Pacific Flyway Shorebird Survey)
- Periodic guest lecturer for an ornithological topic as an Adjunct Faculty member in the Biology Dept. of Merritt College (Oakland, CA) where I have taught all of its bird-related classes since 2003.
Visit Daniel’s Blogs:
- Warbler Watch Blog (since 2006, this blog has featured Daniel’s wood-warbler articles and answers to birders’ wood-warbler questions; wood-warbler photo quizzes; and other Parulidae-related information)
- Merritt College Blog (features my diverse college birding classes that I have taught periodically since 2003)